Nutrition and Anti Aging
Nowadays, people are living far longer than they used to, which is, of course, brilliant news for all of us. Mankind’s advances in science and medicine have lengthened the average lifespan for humans to 72.2 years.
A longer lifespan is fantastic for all of us to hear, but as we age it’s common to go through a range of age-related problems. Whereas one of our main aims in life is to prolong it, you’ll probably agree that we’d rather not do the aging part.
Sooner or later, we will all experience symptoms like heart disease, memory loss, and winkles, to name but a few. This is mainly due to free radicals.
Free radicals are harmful oxygen molecules that damage the body’s cells, which in turn leads to problems like those mentioned above. And the best way to fight against these free radicals is by eating citrus fruit. They contain lots of vitamin C, which helps prevent wrinkles, protects our arteries, and reduces the chances of stroke or heart disease.
There are quite a few foods that can combat aging, such as spinich, which is full of carotenoids, these help to protect our eyes from macular degeneration, which is a leading cause of elderly blindness.
Grapefruit, which is loaded with glutathione, which helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Tomatoes and watermelon both contain lycopene, which is a strong antioxidant. In fact, these two are so strong, they can play a great part in helping to prevent cancer.
As we get older, it is normal for our appetite to slow down, so our body takes in fewer nutrients than it used to. Add that to the fact that a lot of us just don’t eat what we should when it comes to things like fruit, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains, and what you get is a very poor diet. If you want to get the right amount of nutrients in your everyday diet, you should include the following:
– Beta-Carotene: Found in things like carrots, yellow squash, and brighly couloured vegetables. It’s an antioxidant that helps to prevent wrinkles, dry skin, cataracts, heart disease and even cancer. You can get approximately 12mg for one sweet potato.
– Vitamin E: Found in things like nuts, wheat germ, and cooking oils. You can cut the risk of heart disease in half by getting the right amount of vitamin E. That’s just 4 tsp of sunflower seeds per day!
– Zinc and Calcium: Found in things like dairy foods, leafy green vegetables. They are the two most important minerals in your diet, seriously important for preventing osteoporosis. Zinc can be found in things like meats and shellfish, and helps to keep your immune system strong.
– B Vitamins: Found in things like leafy green vegetables, potatos, bananas, meats, and legumes. They primarily help to maintain our energy levels and keep our brain and nerves functioning well.
Now, obviously, all of this helps to combat the aging process internally, but, being human, the visual effects of age will catch up to us all at some time. But there are wonderful restorative measures for that too. As well as the usual methods such as creams, lotions, and expensive surgery, there are more traditional means that have equal if not better results, such as dermatological micro needling, which actually causes the skin to look younger using it’s own healing abilities. Plus it’s far more affordable and attainable than other methods.
The Ultimate Skin Care / Health and Beauty Product
Fortunately, the Scientia Derma Roller can be used to stimulate collagen production in the skin without damaging it, in the comfort of the home – all at a price which is kind to your budget! Better yet, your favourite skin creams can be absorbed by the skin up to 40 times more effectively after use!
What can Scientia Derma Rollers be used for?
- Hair Loss Treatment / Hair Restoration
- Anti Ageing
- Anti Wrinkle
- Cellulite Treatment / Cellulite Reduction or Removal
- Scar Removal – including acne scar removal / treatment
- Stretch Mark Removal / Treatment
Browse the rest of our website for more information and to buy online.